Slighty Modded Options Framework or SMOF is an Options Framework for WordPress theme developers. It was heavily built on helgatheviking’s KIA Options Framework, which was forked from the original Options Framework by Devin Price. Some of the ideas and aesthetics improvements were borrowed from the Options Tree.
The main objective of the SMOF is to offer modern-looking, features rich Options Framework for theme developers.
- Drag & Drop Slider (slider)
- Layout Manager (sorter)
- Background Patterns (tiles)
- New Clean & Customized Interface
- Media Library Uploader ( not really a feature, but it was added anyway, soo… )
- Simple Backup & Restore (backup)
Who’s already using it?
I will be releasing a free theme that incorporates SMOF extensively for people to learn from. However, you can purchase any of the premium themes below that have already incorporated SMOF. Trust me, there are no better examples than clean-coded, high quality premium themes to learn from!
- Burette – Professional WordPress Theme
- Minim – Portfolio/Small Business WordPress Theme
- WP Artisan Responsive Portfolio Theme
- Silence WordPress Theme
- Kraken Business & Portfolio WordPress Theme
- Powered Business & Portfolio WordPress Theme
- Responser – The responsive portfolio WP theme
Here’s a video demo for the lazy:
[screenr id=Mycs width=590]
[button link="https://github.com/sy4mil/Options-Framework" class="green large center left" style="margin-right:20px"]Download it from Github[/button][/col12]
[col12][button link="http://aquagraphite.com/2011/11/smof-documentation/" class="blue large center left"]Documentation[/button][/col12]
I welcome any suggestions for any additional features and/or bug reports.
Use and abuse at will
[box type=info]Note : If you have coding related questions, please open a ticket at SMOF’s page on Github and I will reply to you there. The comment section really do not have the capacity to handle more than a few lines of code. :)[/box]